Friday, September 4, 2009

Week One Roundup

Quick round up of my week and what I've been reading lately:

  • Started classes on Monday, which was okay. It's a little frustrating because I wish we could move a little faster with the content, but I know that some people are having a hard time. (Still, I am bored, which is nothing out of the ordinary, but I'd at least hope for a little more intellectual stimulation considering I'm paying to be there. Needless to say, I am not a fan of mainstreaming gifted students.) OK, elitist school rant over.
  • I am wearing fabulous outfits to school. I typically have a uniform, because it makes it very easy to look nice even if I don't have the energy for it. Lately, I have been wearing button-downs, slacks, and some combination of suspenders, bow ties, both, or neither. It is Jack Harkness meets Bill Nye the Science Guy.
  • It is just terrible to look at pictures of shoes and clothes I will never afford. It is more terrible to read about them and then look up the prices later. I am (theoretically) going to Goodwill on a blazer hunt sometime when I have money, which will hopefully be soon, as I am starting New Job in two weeks.
  • I've been sick lately. Hopefully not with swine flu or dysentery, because it's still several thousand miles to Oregon and my wagon is full of people named after actors who have played the Doctor.
  • Also dealing with some mental health issues, nothing serious or life-threatening, but kind of annoying anyway. Might post about it later.
That about wraps it up. How has your week bee?

No comments:

Post a Comment